The Earth Is Bleeding

Thursday, May 7, 2009

The First Time

I started this blog weeks ago thinking it would be fun and easy. We’ll see about the fun part but I just haven’t had enough time to do it for it to be easy. With two little ones and DH to take care of, my plate is pretty full. But a girl’s gotta have something for herself or else she’ll go crazy; am I right?

Ok, so I guess an introduction is in order. I am a 37 year old mother of two (as I’ve already mentioned). I married my highschool sweetheart and we have been working through it for twenty years. Marriage is hard work. Anyone who tells you it is easy has cranial rectitus. I am blessed to have a great DH and pretty special kids. I also have a pretty cool sister who is nine years younger than me. I love and cherish her very much. She is the only member of my family who I still have contact with for the safety of my sanity and the well being of my family. My life has never been better.

My days are pretty full from six am until seven o’clock when my little ones finally go to sleep. Then I get some much needed Mommie time! I spend my time running from one thing to the next. But I love it.

My biggest regret is that, due to medical reasons, I will never have another baby ever again. I absolutely loved being pregnant. It was the most special time of my life. All the excitement of an enormous life change; wondering what the future might hold. What will my baby look like? Those were wonderful days. Despite the leg cramps, heartburn and being tired all the time. Good times.

I am originally from beautiful Port Hueneme California. It’s this tiny little town surrounded by Oxnard. Since I left, PH somehow became part of the valley. It used to be a sleepy little mostly hispanic agricultural beach town and now Oxnard looks just like the valley. Growing up in PH was awesome. I went to school with the same people my whole life. Some of them I consider family.

I moved to Antioch about ten years ago. I was homesick for years. But I have discovered that Thomas Wolfe was right, you can’t go home again. So this is my home now. Besides, isn’t home where most of the people you love are? Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment